In Bosnia, the Bosanski Brod refinery launched a second production line, which was renovated by the Russian company Zarubezhneft. Now the plant is able to produce the gasoline conforming to the Euro 5 standard. The operator control systems for the gasoline production at the Bosanski Brod refinery were developped and implemented by several Russian system integrators e.g. JSC "Company SZMA" (AdAstra Authorized System Integrator, St. Petersburg) and SIC "Inkomsistem" (Kazan). All integrators used Russian SCADA-software TRACE MODE 6 (AdAstra Research Group, Moscow) for process control of gasoline production. In the near future the Brodsky refinery will be able to handle up to 3 million tons per year of the Euro-5 standard gasoline.
The TRACE MODE SCADA/HMI is used at Brodsky refinery to automate the following processes:
- primary oil refining facility;
- subsystem for gasoline hydrotreater;
- subsystem for liquefied gases cleaning;
- reformates separation plant.
The upgraded control system for Euro 5 gasoline production running SCADA TRACE MODE 6 performs the following tasks:
- automatic and manual remote control of actuators;
- data acquisition about the Brodsky refinery process parameters in real time;
- automatic data and events logging;
- automated resources accounting;
- automatic or operator enabled reports generation for given time periods;
- automatic emergency protection monitoring. Alarm and trouble-free automatic process shut down according to the preset algorithms.
New Brodsky refinery control system consists of the following parts:
- Distributed control system - the SCADA component, responsible for process control in normal mode;
- Emergency protection system - the control system component ensuring safe shut down of the plant in case of potential emergency.
The following TRACE MODE 6 SCADA/HMI software was used to implement the control system for Brodsky refinery:
The SZMA developers have used TRACE MODE to create a convenient operator interface in Russian and Serbian languages which can be switched in real time.
In one year after, the Bosanski Brod refinery has to produce about 300,000 tons of Euro 5 gasoline, which would be enough to fill more than 7 million cars.
After starting a new production line the Zarubezhneft CEO Nikolay Brunich said:
"They fought for the result, which is important for both the Republika Srpska and its people, and for the Russian investments. It's very important that our actions were well organized, joint. And now you can see the result of this. "
The TRACE MODE SCADA/HMI software is also used in other areas of Brodsky refinery.
Special thanks to www.vesti.ru information.