T-FACTORY.exe™ 6 MES (manufacturing execution system) is a tool for manufacturing business profit rise, due to the following:
- reduction of prime cost of the produce;
- reduction of production losses;
- increase of physical production output;
- reduction of power consumption;
- inventory reduction at technological stages;
- quality increase;
- shortening of production cycle;
- higher time accuracy in production orders execution;
- increase in management efficiency;
- increase in manufacturing transparency.
T-FACTORY manufacturing execution system is specially targeted to continuous and batch production plants. T-FACTORY MES is used to the build applications for the enterprise top managers, such as – chief manufacturing officer, chief production engineer, chief power engineer, director for quality management, and for their subordinate personnel.
The T-FACTORY MES is a real time manufacturing execution system. The main difference between the T-FACTORY MES and other market products lays in the following:
- T-FACTORY MES is a COTS product, that can be fully implemented by the enterprise IT;
- T-FACTORY MES is based on the real time technologies and is developed in a close integration with the enterprise control system of (as though "grows out" of the same).
The manufacturing execution system T-FACTORY 6 offers control over the whole production cycle, covering such issues as planning and control for production orders, prime cost calculation, material and energy balances accounting, , monitoring of order execution, etc.
T-FACTORY.exe™ 6 MES enables:
- describing material and energy flows;
- linking the material resources with real time data from TRACE MODE HMI and SOFTLOGIC systems;
- calculating material and energy balances between any elements of technological chain;
- analyzing the material and energy losses at any technological stage;
- generating production orders;
- generating material and works orders on the base of production orders, automatically and forwarding the same to the executors;
- setting up the MES document flow circulation rules with approval of stages by the personnel in charge;
- performing network planning for production works;
- controlling the execution of works;
- controlling the quality using the process-oriented approach, complying with ISO 9000:2000 international standard;
- calculating the manufacturing cost in real time, at each technological stage;
- revealing "bottlenecks" of the production – the reasons of growth of the manufacturing cost, wastage, losses, deviations from the terms of execution, etc.;
- monitoring of compliance of time and cost of production orders execution with the planned targets;
- logging the MES-statistics of operation, downtime, failures and maintenance of equipment;
- generating reports automatically, and calculating the indices, required for decision making.
A T-FACTORY manufacturing execution system project is developed in the TRACE MODE Integrated development environment in combination with control system (industrial controllers and HMI), and shares a unified informational base with the same. This allows avoiding unnecessary duplication of databases of the manufacturing automation and control system, and implementing business-control of manufacture on the basis of objective physical measurements received in real time mode.
The T-FACTORY manufacturing execution system represents the production process as a totality of interconnected energy and material flows. The T-FACTORY 6 MES provides real time monitoring of material flows in manufacturing, registering of losses, analyzing the reasons and supporting desisionmaking targeted at reduction of losses and wastes. The information about material flows is transferred to the T-FACTORY 6 MES from control system – TRACE MODE 6 real time monitors, other SCADA-systems, controllers (SOFTLOGIC or PLC). In addition, these can be read from relational DBMS, or entered manually.
For each material resource, it is possible to specify its current cost, transform material flows into cash flows and perform real time monitoring of the prime cost formation, reveal the reasons of its growth and take measures for its reduction.
The T-FACTORY 6 MES makes it possible to calculate, in real time, the material balances between any components of the technological chain. At that it is possible to allocate unlimited number of categories of the balance, and calculate the cost of each category. It is possible to establish tolerance limits in the system, for each category, and perform automatic alarming in case of excess of the allowable quantity of waste, defects or losses.
The T-Factory MES offers to create production orders for each manufacturing operation. Production orders are activated and executed according to both the human command, and automatically:
- in due time;
- with a prescribed periodicity;
- upon occurrence of an event;
Based on the activated production orders, the MES system generates shift targets, work orders and material order. Production orders are transferred to the T-FACTORY 6 MES planning and documenting system. Document flow circulation rules allows the authorized executives of the enterprise to approve, cancel or postpone execution of the production orders.
Facilities for network planning are provided in the T-FACTORY 6 manufacturing execution system. The planning is also possible to be performed in external systems e.g. in the MS Project®.
The T-FACTORY 6 MES server monitors execution of each production order and generate alarms if the time or cost planned were exceeded. The manufacturing execution system enables the production manager to obtain information about failures in order execution in real time.
The T-FACTORY 6 MES marks all operations with material resources, registers the equipment used during the course of production and the personnel employed. This allows tracking the path of any batch of produce along technological chain. Therefore, in a case if a client reveals defect in the produce issued, then, notwithstanding of time elapsed since the issue, the managers of the enterprise would be able to get information from the manufacturing execution system determining easily:
- At which stage of manufacturing the defects occurred?
- Which equipment was used in manufacturing of defective products?
- Who serviced the equipment?
- Where the raw materials were received from?
- Where the defective products were shipped to?
Thus the manufacturing execution system would help to reveal the reasons of defect production, and would help to correct the manufacturing process, as well as to minimize consequences of recall of the defective batches.
The T-FACTORY MES normally uses the real time DBMS SIAD/SQL 6 for data storage. However the data may be saved to any common relational databases (MS SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, MS Access, Sybase, Informix etc) through ODBC. For that purpose the SQL-queries builder is available in TRACE MODE IDE.
The T-FACTORY manufacturing execution system server also includes: